I did this first in 2007 and had great success. I got some cool sci-fi and fantasys books from Candy Poses, a beautiful chain maile necklace from Lady Brett Ashley, a fan-freaking-tabulous day in New York City with Audacia Ray (and a stop to see Jamye Waxman!), and a fun trip to see Sweeney Todd on Christmas. Since then, I’ve done it each year…I don’t always get lots of things, but it’s fun to do, encourages others to do it, and I am always able to help grant other people’s wishes.
I’m going to do it against this year, because it is fun, and I enjoy the whole “wishing into the universe, give to others, and see what you get” aspect of it. So please, read it over, and if you see anything you can help me with, I’d really appreciate it. Also, please repost it on your blogs/social networking sites, and leave a link here so I can see what you’re fiening for
I know I’m posting it kind of early, but my birthday is December 9th (see, holiday and birthday season double up for me), and I celebrate Channukah, so I thought I’d get it done early.
Holiday givng-type meme: I’m all for it. Here’s the cut and paste:
- Make a post to your blog, tumblr, facebook, myspace, what have you. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want and that people can see the post.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors, real or imaginary.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friends friends, or just random places ) to see who has posted their list.
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
Wishlist If you happen to want to send me any of this gifts, please email me at EssinEm at gmail dot com or comment on here. Thanks in advance
- Size 6g ear jewelry in metal, glass, stone, or wood. I don’t have any pretty ones at all, only what I used to stretch to 6g. Since I’m planning on staying this size, I’d love some nice plugs, or dangly ones as well. My current plugs are cheap plastic.
- Watercolors and water color paper. I miss being creative/artistic. I used to love ceramics, but that’s a bit more of a set up than water colors. It’s fine if the paints are used, as long as they still have life in them.
- Heavy duty ice packs…the ones I buy at the drug store only last a year or so, and never stay cold long enough. Used for my knees and back. Again, used is fine.
- Massages – trade, gifted, gift cards, etc…they help my migraines SO much!
- Bookings at colleges/universities/centers/sex toy stores/dungeons, etc. I can only promote myself so much — it’s always nice to get contacted by places that already want to have me. More info at ShannaKatz.com
- A flight to Canada, Seattle, San Francisco, Mexico, Italy, Germany, Portland, etc. Basically, if you somehow have a ton of extra miles, I’d love love love them, especially if you have enough for me to bring Q along.
- A membership to a gym with a pool, so I can actually exercise. Preferably one with locations in both AZ and CO, as we’re moving.
- Someone to design a new banner for this site, and/or a digital caricature of me for Shanna Katz stuff.
- Total knee replacements on both knees. I can’t afford them, I don’t have insurance, I really need them badly. I can’t really even walk up stairs anymore, and have mega trouble getting in and out of my car. I don’t know how the hell someone could give these to me, but if you could (I need them in both knees), you would make my life. Literally. It would give me back part of my life.
- A job for Q in Colorado. As soon as she gets a job, we can move there. Q’s background is a Master’s of Social work with experience both in non-profits and higher education. More info to be provided if you have a lead.
- A violet wand (with or without fancy attachments). Yup. That’s self explanatory.
- An eroscillator, a Lelo Mona, NJoy Eleven or most Liberator shapes. These are really the only sex toys I currently am super craving.
- A weekend get away to the mountains, or somewhere, sometime. I just need to get away (preferably with Q or a friend) and relax and process and remember to relax and keep loving life.
- A way to get some of the tattoos I want. Next piece may be either a elemental chest piece, ivy vines on my legs, or another quotation.
- A good fire cupping cupping set (used is fine!). Prefer glass or wood for fire cupping.
- Pretty corsets/cinchers — I’m a size 40 I believe, or XXL in some measurements.
- Pretty eye make up. Esp MAC and Urban Decay. I also need a good, long last bright red lipstick. And Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise perfume.
- Sexuality books. Fantasy Books. Mystery Books. I love to read!
- Someone to help me deep clean our place and/or pack it this spring for moving.
- Leopard print floor mats and rear bench cover for my car. It’s a 2009 HHR.
- Tickets to a play – I miss seeing shows. Tickets to an NHL game. Tickets to something where we can get out and enjoy the variety of culture.
- A red or black, single breasted wool coat, size XXL.
- Leopard or zebra print ANYTHING
- A recumbent bike (stationary OR mobile).
- Victorian style low heeled boots for my wedding, size 10.
- Black wrought iron candle holders (all sizes) for the wedding.
- Gift certificates for restaurants, clothing (esp Torrid, Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, etc) and/or department stores (Macy’s, Kohl’s, JcPenny’s, etc). Also, any thing from my wishlists on the right side bar. As always :)
Thank you a caboodle in advance. Please don’t forget to post your list too, so I can try and grants some wishes too!
-Essin’ Em8 comments